The International Research Network Paleobiodiverity in South-east Asia is managed on the French side, by Dr. Valéry Zeitoun. It has been launched in January 2015 and renewed in 2019.
The IRN-PalBioDivASE aims to set-up a collaborative research network on paleobiodiversity in South-east Asia between seven CNRS French laboratories, accompanied by their supporting universities and Museum, and twenty European, American and Asian Institutes.
The scientific topics of the network focus on the paleobiogeographical history of South-east Asia, the Asian Inter-basin correlations and the origin and recent dynamics of modern biodiversity in South-east Asia.
It targets reinforcement of our knowledge on the evolution of biodiversity in South-east Asia at different scales.
To promote the exchange of permanent researchers and professors as well as master, doctoral and post-doctoral students. In particular, the training of students in the field and in collections will be pursued with the support from our different teams.
To act as driver for attracting international attention to the erosion of Biodiversity.
To act for the enhancement and safeguard of the paleontological heritage.
Co-participation to international congresses & conferences where the multidisciplinary expertise of the Network will be recognised and showcased.
The organization of workshops, seminars and training schools within the network partners, but also open to additional regional collaborators.
To draw-up joint publications and implementation of joint projects between French and Foreign partners within the IRN-PalBioDivASE research targets.
- Centre de Recherche en Paléontologie, Paris (UMR7207). Membres du CR2P impliqués : Valéry Zeitoun, Ronan Allain, Colas Bouillet, Yohan Despres, Nour-Eddine Jalil, Michel Laurin, Grégoire Métais, Jean-Sébastien Steyer, Renaud Vacant
- Institut des Sciences de l’Evolution de Montpellier, Université de Montpellier (UMR5554).
- Laboratoire d’Ecologie des Hydrosystèmes Naturels et Anthropisés, Université Claude Bernard (UMR5023).
- Laboratoire de Géologie de Lyon : Terre, planète et environnement (UMR5276).
- Laboratoire de Géologie de l’Ecole Normal Supérieure (UMR8538).
- Histoire Naturelle de l’Homme Préhistorique, Museum national d’Histoire naturelle (UMR7194).
- Institut de Systématique, Biodiversité, Paris (UMR7205).
- Palaeontological and Education Centre, Mahasarakham University.
- Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Mahasarakham University.
- Northern Institut of Petrified Wood and Mineral Ressources, Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University.
- Department of Biology, Chulalongkorn University.
- Department of Biology, Burapha University, Chon Buri.
- Sirindhorn Museum, Department of Mineral Resources
- Department of Archaeology, Silpakorn University.
- Achaeological Studies Program, University of the Philippines.
- Department of Geology, University of Malaysia.
- Department of Prehistory, Ministry of Culture and Heritage of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Natural History Museum of Guangxi Zhuang.
- Savannakhet Dinosaur Museum.
- Department of Heritage, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism, Vientiane.
- Geological Museum, Hanoi.
- Department of Geology and Minerals of Vietnam (DGMV), Hanoi.
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences, University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
- Department of Geology and Paleontology, Genève Museum.
- Cambridge Advanced Studies Program, University of Cambridge.
- Museum of Paleontology, University of Tübingen.
- Department of Paleobiology, Smithsonian Institution.